This follow focus unit can be used with both still lenses (with proper gearing such as our microLensGears) and cinema lenses.
The microFollowFocus is professional and affordable follow focus unit that leads the way in price/performance. The microFollowFocus is the "little brother" to the microFollowFocus Black that delivers the same performance and many of the same features as the microFollowFocus Black, but at a more economical price point. The microFollowFocus incorporates new designs and technologies to deliver an incredibly solid and accurate follow focus, ideal for any level of production.
The microFollowFocus can be used with both still lenses (with proper gearing such as our microLensGears) and cinema lenses. Performance is the most critical aspect of any follow focus unit. At the heart of the microFollowFocus is a Redrock custom designed and manufactured gearbox that produces exceptionally smooth, backlash-free focus pulls. The microFollowFocusʼunique backlash adjustments allow you to dial in exactly the feel and performance you want.
The microFollowFocus builds on the best of the award-winning innovations from the microFollowFocus v2, including adjustable drive gear position, standard arri accessory port, and large precision-machined focus wheel. Building on this solid foundation, the microFollowFocus adds a refined slim design, reinforced focus indicator, flippable gearbox, all-metal machined accessory port, and the custom Redrock gearbox.
- Redrock-designed custom gears and gearbox for outstanding play-free performance.
- Reinforced focus indicator – all-new machined focus indicator shows where you are focused at all times.
- Machined rod clamp – single knob tighten/loosen for 15mm. Can be used with 19mm rods with microOmniMount accessory (sold separately).
- Adjustable backlash – Ensures top performance now and into the future.
- All-aluminum precision machined construction, inside and out.
- 0.8 film pitch drive gear, with options for Fujinon and Canon drive gears.
- White marking disk - for marking your focus points.
- Industry-standard, all-metal machined accessory port for adding focus whip or speed crank as needed.
- Kung Fu rubberized handgrip eliminates hand slips
- Flippable gearbox that positions the drive gear front or rear for support short lenses
- Made in America, lifetime warranty means durability and confidence
- Drive gear: 0.8 mod 32 film pitch drive gear standard (optional Fujinon and Canon drive gears sold separately)
- Rod clamp: single thumbscrew tighten, fits 15mm/60mm center spacing (19mm available with separate microOmniMount accessory)
- Lens adjustment: horizontal sliding of focusing unit to adjust to lenses of varying sizes and diameters configuration: adjustable backlash
- internal gearing: Redrock custom made all-metal high performance focus unit gearing
- Hand wheel: machined aluminum handwheel with rubberized "kung fu" handgrip
- Accessory port: arri-standard sized accessory port for whip, speedcrank, etc.
- Material: machined aircraft grade aluminum. drive gear is hardened composite with metal insert
- Marking disk: 2D marking disk, removable and easy wipe (illuminated 3D marking disk available separately)
- User Guide
- 1x microFollowFocus unit
- Grease pencil for marking disk
What kind of drive gear is included?
TIndsutry standard 0.8 film pitch, with options for Fujinon and Canon drive gears (purchase separately)
Does it work with still and cinema lenses?
Yes - the microFollowFocus V3 delivers great performance on both still lenses (with the proper gearing, such as with our microLensGears) and cinema lenses.
What are the main differences between the microFollowFocus v3 and the microFollowFocus Black
The microFollowFocus shares the same performance of the microFollowFocus Black. The Black line includes the following features not found in microFollowFocus: adjustable hard stops, quick release clamp, option to add second side (for double-sided follow focus), and illuminated 3D marking disk (included, though it is available as an option.)
an I mount the drive gear forwards or backwards?
Yes, the direction of the drive gear can be switched to accommodate shorter lenses or other situations where changing the direction of the drive gear is helpful.