ultraCage for DSLR
ultraCage for DSLR
Add ultraCage to your DSLR or Mirrorless setup to create a secure, professional style camera rig.
Professional Support for DSLR Cameras
The Redrock ultraCage Black for DSLR gives you everything you want in a support cage for your video DSLR. With the features professionals want and the exceptional quality everyone demands, there is no better choice than the ultraCage Black for DSLR.
The ultraCage Black for DSLR cameras secures the camera with four individual points of contact. This prevents the camera from moving or shifting in the cage along any axis under even the most rigorous conditions. The ultraCage gives your DSLR a cinema-style baseplate for adding 15mm rods, and is the backbone for attaching accessories such as a matte box and follow focus. The security and support provided by the ultraCage is unmatched by any other cage, and joins the camera and cage together as were one.
A Good Foundation for Rig Building
With integrated top and bottom 15mm rail clamps, the ultraCage is the ideal starting point for building any rig. Whether it’s for the studio, handheld, or shoulder mount work, the ultraCage Black for DSLR does not disappoint. Top rails are ideal for mounting accessories like a monitor, wireless focus motor, and wireless video transmitter; while the bottom rails are a great mounting point for a shoulder mount, chest brace, or hand grips. Surrounding the camera with 24 mounting points, the ultraCage Black is also the ideal solution for mounting cameras to things like steadicams, cars, and cranes.
- Sleek Form-fitting design that wraps your camera for security and stability
- Top and Bottom Rail Clamps for attaching any accessories or building rigs
- Built-in bottom taps for attaching and mounting directly to your tripod
- 24 threaded cage mounting points to attach and position camera-top accessories and support brackets
- Universal design supports virtually all popular video DSLR cameras from Canon, Nikon, and others
- Integrated Top and Bottom Rail Clamps for ultimate expandability
- Sleek Form fitting design takes up as little space as possible
- Compatibility with the rest of the ultraCage line of products
- 4 points of contact between the camera and cage for security
- Lift and Lock Thumbscrews for ultimate adjustment
- Compatibility with over 10 cameras
- Made from lightweight aluminum
- Durable black anodize finish
- 1/4-20" and 3/8"-16 mounting holes
- 15mm rod spacing clamps
- Weight: 1lb 11oz.
- User Guide
- 1x ultraCage for DLSR Cameras
- 1x hot shoe clamp for stabilization
What DSLRs are compatible with the ultraCage?
Most standard height DSLRs are compatible with the ultraCage, including: Canon T2i, T3i, 60D, 7D, 5D MKII, 5D MKIII Nikon D90, D300s, D800 Sony A50 series, A60 series, A70 series. Many Nikon and Canon cameras have an additional anti-rotation locking pin for added support. While not required, it provides an extra level of security.
Does the ultraCage work with taller cameras such as the 1D X or Nikon D4, or ones that have an add-on battery grip?
No – the ultraCage DSLR fits the shorter form factor of standard DSLRs. For taller DSLRs or add-on battery grips, consider the ultraBase DSLR support plate.
Can I use other cameras with the ultraCage DSLR, such as micro four thirds (MFT) cameras?
Yes these cameras are compatible with the ultraCage, but they are smaller, so all features of the ultraCage may not work exactly the same (for example, the bottom battery door is covered on the smaller MFT cameras, and the cage won’t be as form-fitting).
Can I add other ultraCage components, such as the rear cage?
Yes you can add virtually any other ultraCage accessory. For a powered cage, use the powerPack Universal edition.
Do I still have access to the battery door or other ports?
Yes – the ultraCage maintains access to the battery door, memory card door, HDMI output ports, and camera control buttons.
Can I use ultraCage with wireLock HDMI lock?
Yes, wireLock attaches to the ultraCage and delivers a secure connection for your HDMI cable.