Navigator Command Module
Navigator Command Module
Navigator 7-in-1 Command Module, standalone
The Navigator 7-in-1 Command Module
The Redrock Navigator 7-in-1 Command Module is the ultimate fingerstyle controller, bringing control of every part of your rig right to your fingertips. Featuring the worlds first mini FIZ (focus, iris and zoom), Navigator also delivers full gimbal control, camera control, and control of other Eclipse products. Navigator works in both solo operator mode and as a wireless remote control, including native support for Freefly MoVI Pro API. And as part of the Eclipse system Navigator has access to next-level features including Mission Control real-time monitor data and MetaTouch lens discovery and configuration. If you want the ultimate controller that gives you ultimate flexibility right at your fingertips, Navigator Command Module is right for you.
Control Everything at your Fingertips
Lens control starts with two integrated fingerwheels for focus and iris and a joystick for zoom. Master your other camera-top tools right from your fingertips, including camera run/stop (with camera-specific add-on cable), gimbal thumb controller (Freefly MoVI and DJI Ronin compatible), and also control other Eclipse accessories. Now Navigator has built-in OLED screen, haptic (vibrating) feedback, and built-in wireless for remote control up to 1600m range.
Whether you operate solo or in a full crew, achieve more innovative shots than ever before with the Navigator 7-in-1 Command Module.
The Worlds First Mini FIZ
Navigator starts with the world's first mini FIZ for real-time control of focus, iris and zoom. Dedicated finger controls for each channel deliver real-time performance. The new approach to ergonomics make it smaller and lighter and much easier to use when working with ultra mobile rigs such as gimbal or drone.
If you just need focus control, Navigator is equally at home as a single-function controller with plenty of room to grow.
Next Level features that will blow your mind
Navigator packs a huge number of features, many never before seen in a controller and yet are instantly indispensable. Features such as Mission Control real-time focus data on smallHD monitors, metaTouch lens discovery and configuration just by touching the lens, and the first multi-protocol motor including RF, WiFi, s.bus and NFC.
MoVI Pro API - first mini FIZ to support Freefly's new connectivity
Owners and operators of the Freefly MoVI Pro can get even more from Navigator in MoVI Pro API mode to unlock the power and features of Navigator with direct connection to the MoVI Pro. You can use it as a Solo Op (when plugged direct in to the MoVI Pro) or as a sophisticated remote controller when connected to the Freefly Mimic for wireless access.
- 7-in-1 controller for FIZ, gimbal, camera, and Eclipse accessories
- Great option for solo op handheld or gimbal, or remote AC
- Built-in DSLR battery plate (canon LP-E6 or compatible)
- Camera run/stop (with appropriate cable)
- Onboard LED and OLED for visual confirmation of status, configuration, camera record tally light
- Eclipse mobile App
- 2x dampened fingerwheel style controllers (typically for focus and iris)
- 1x joystick control
- 1x scroll wheel
- 3x Function buttons
- Adjustable attachment clamp fits many handgrips and support frames
- Wired connection for solo operators
- Hemo-style connectors eliminate cable mismatch
- Built-in 2.4ghz wireless RF radio for wireless remote control
- Built-in WiFi for close range wireless access and app configuration
- MoVI Pro API support for wireless control via Freefly Mimic
- Mode change, and dozens of other features, compatible with Freefly MoVI, MoVI Pro, and DJI Ronin
- Simultaneous gimbal pan and tilt for diagonal moves
- MoVI Pro API support - plugs directly in to MoVI Pro or Mimic for solo op or wireless remote
- Orbit configuration and activation
- Halo Explorer configuration and activation
- Mission Control real-time data display to monitor
- MetaTouch lens discovery and configuration
- 2x Fingerwheel ring-style control knobs
- 1x Joystick with multi-function center control
- power via built-in LP-E6 battery plate or external battery
- 3 function buttons
- 1 multi-function record button
- OLED graphic display
- 2.4GHZ radio, WiFi, s.bus, CAN communications
- 1x Eclipse port
- 1x mini Control port
- 1x 2.5mm LANC port
- Adjustable grip/rail attachment
- Mobile app for easy setup and configuration
- Android devices: Android OS version 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher
- iOS devices: iOS version 10.0 or higher. Hardware iPhone version 6.0 or later
- 1x Navigator Command Module
- 1x Eclipse mobile app (coming soon via download) - for iOS and Android
1. What is the Navigator Command Module?
The Navigator Command Module is the worlds mini FIZ unit with added control of many other camera functions and accessories. It is ideal for anyone wanting to bring central control of all these features to your fingertips.
2. What makes Navigator Unique?
Its the only controller of its kind that brings many different accessories and camera functions under the control of your fingertips. It is also the only single handed FIZ (focus, iris, zoom) unit available.
3. What do you mean by 7 in 1 controls?
In addition to Focus, Iris, and Zoom lens control, Navigator also offers features for gimbal control (pan, tilt, roll, mode change, etc.), Orbit control, Halo control, and camera run/stop. There are actually many more features Navigator has, and more coming with future firmware updates.
4. What are the specific controls on the Navigator?
Navigator has two full-time fingerwheels, a joystick, a scroll wheel, action button, and three user-defined function buttons.
5. Can I start and stop the cameras record function?
Yes. You just need an optional run/stop cable that is compatible with your camera.
6. Can I use it with the Freefly MoVI Pro?
Yes, in fact Navigator is fully MoVI Pro API capable.
7. How is Navigator powered?
There is a built-in battery plate for use with Canon LP-E6 batteries.
8. Can Navigator be used with the microRemote basestation and Torque motor as a fingerwheel upgrade?
We are planning to have this feature available in a future release.
9. How does Navigator attach, and what can I attach it to?
Navigator has a built-in clamp that attaches to most handgrips, gimbal frames, handles, etc. It does not work with 15mm rails, but instead is designed for handgrips or similar sized support rails.
10. Can I use the Navigator wirelessly?
Yes. Navigator has three ways for wireless control: Built-in WiFi, built-in RF radio for longer distances, and MoVI Pro API support that plugs Navigator directly in to Freeflys Mimic.